I am blessed to have grandparents that live just a few hours away, and I got to spend some time with them this weekend. Some highlights:
- A morning walk with my grandpa (our tradition since I was 7 or 8), enjoying the crisp air mingled with the promise of a warm day.
- The brimming bowl of fruit my grandma cut for breakfast because she knows me all too well.
- Shoe shopping with both grandparents, which was a success on all parts!
- Watching the basketball games with my grandpa (who happens to be a renowned high school coach himself).
- Painting my grandma’s toenails a bright red and hearing her profuse thank-yous afterward.
- Sitting in church with both of them and remembering many other Sundays just like this one.
I don’t know how many more years I will have these opportunities, but I am grateful for each moment I get to spend with them.
Thanks to Stacey, Anna, Beth, Tara, Dana, and Betsy at Two Writing Teachers for creating a place for writers to share their work and hosting the March Slice of Life Story Challenge!