Sometimes it’s the little things:
- Getting to 125 degrees on my bend at physical therapy (turns out an ACL tear makes bending your knee really difficult!).
- Hearing my physical therapist tell me I can drive. Finally!
- Seeing the smiles on students’ faces as the lightbulb went on during math today.
- Feeling the sun warm my skin and dry the puddles after the torrential downpour earlier.
- Tasting a perfectly brewed cup of coffee as I begin a stack of grading.
The little things count! I just came across a quote the other day, and it resonated with me: “Happiness is not one big thing. It’s all the little things put together.”
Have you been looking for the little things each day? How can we choose happiness?
Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a place for writers to share their work and hosting the March Slice of Life Story Challenge!