Inspired by this slice from Hannah’s Happenings, I decided to give 10 highlights from the week for my Day 10 slice.
- Ruby Bridges – studying a variety of texts and digging deeper into Ruby’s life has been a ton of fun for our biography unit so far.
- Cause groups – students published their opinion writing around different causes and celebrated by sharing their pieces with other writers; then we put the cause group boards in the library for other parents, students, or teachers to read and give feedback.
- Massage – so needed. Enough said.
- Breakfast for dinner – on National Pancake Day, chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes and scrambled eggs were the perfect dinner.
- Sunshine – the sun was out all week! It’s amazing what Vitamin D does for my soul.
- The Shack – we watched it on Saturday, and it has joined the ranks of my favorite inspirational movies.
- Indoor soccer – we won our game on Wednesday night (this has not been the case most weeks this season).
- Classroom SOL Challenge – with almost 20 students coming in 30 minutes early every morning, the day begins with lots of writing energy! Students are independently posting and commenting, helping one another and facilitating the process, which is beautiful to watch.
- Denver soccer trip – we head out in the morning for two high school girls’ soccer games in Denver. I’m hoping the bus ride will be fun and the girls will play hard in both games.
- Looping – my principal finalized the decision for my teaching partner and I to loop up with our blended 2/3 classes next year, so we’ll be teaching blended 3/4 classes. It will be another adventure, that’s for sure!
And with that, it’s Day 10. Happy Friday!
I am participating in the Slice of Life challenge to write and publish a post each day in March. Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a place for writers to share their work all month long and hosting the March Slice of Life Story Challenge!