It’s super late, and I don’t have the energy to write a long post tonight, but today was an amazing end to our San Francisco vacation! Here are some highlights from the day:
- Waking up by the ocean for a last morning at our lighthouse hostel.
- Eating a delicious breakfast at a seaside cafe.
- Driving into town and catching the ferry out to Alcatraz, enjoying the cool sea breeze as we neared Alcatraz Island.
- Exploring Alcatraz Island, learning all about the history of its tenure as a federal penitentiary (and some of the more dramatic attempted escapes!), and seeing the incredible views from all around the island.
- Biking over the Golden Gate Bridge (and back) with the wind whipping around us and the massive red bridge looming above us.
- Trying to find a nice restaurant for our last night but finally deciding to eat at a local burger place, which was a perfect end to our San Francisco adventures.
- And throughout the day, lots of laughter, photos, and great conversations!
I am participating in the Slice of Life challenge to write and publish a post each day in March. Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a place for writers to share their work all month long and hosting the March Slice of Life Story Challenge!