In this last slice of the month, I wanted to reflect on what I’ve discovered this month about writing and being a writer.
- Writing takes discipline. There are days that are hard. And on those days, it was important to remember to sit down and write.
- There are so many different ways to write. I’ve been inspired by the writing of other slicers this month, which has fueled everything from poetry to lists, flashbacks and musings, and also noticing what is happening in the present.
- Reading and commenting on other blogs has been a powerful experience.
- The process of choosing the just-right words for a post can be exhilarating. Rereading a paragraph and revising it for sound and meaning is essential as a writer.
- Consistency is key; spontaneity is also important.
- Slicing with students is better than doing the SOL Challenge alone.
- Writing ideas can come from anywhere.
- Teaching provides me with so much inspiration for writing.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Slice of Life, and especially to those who facilitated from Two Writing Teachers!
I am participating in the Slice of Life challenge to write and publish a post each day in March. Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a place for writers to share their work all month long and hosting the March Slice of Life Story Challenge!