Today as I sat outside for a few brief moments, soaking in the sunshine, I stopped for a second to listen.
– Birds chorusing from the tree across the street.
– A plane humming in the far off distance.
– Kids shouting and laughing as they played in the cul-de-sac.
– A saw whining from next door where the neighbor worked on a project.
– Walkers chatting and dogs panting as they passed my house.
It’s interesting to stop and listen. So rarely do I actually pause to truly listen, but that moment today was a gift.
If you stop and listen, what do you hear?