Thanks to this idea from Writintime (read it here) for today’s slice. My third-grade class also recently finished reading Because of Winn-Dixie, and we used the “10 things I know” as part of our reading celebration.
Here are 10 things I know about writing:
- Sometimes the words simply flow from your pencil, while other times they feel stuck or stifled.
- Writing is more powerful with an audience in mind.
- Writing fosters deeper reflection and offers an opportunity to process life.
- Writing comes in different styles and genres, each with its own effect.
- Writing changes with every revision, every new draft.
- Writing can be difficult; it requires discipline.
- Writing is deeply personal, yet often public.
- Re-reading your own writing can carry you back through time and space.
- Writing can be a way to process or a way to persuade, a way to invite or a way to inform.
- Writing is limitless.
Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a place for writers to share their work and hosting the March Slice of Life Story Challenge!